Quality Assurance, also known as Software Testing is crucial to save cost, time, efforts and the standard of the product. This course include an understanding of testing approaches that can be integrated into the software lifecycle so that functional and easy-to-maintain products are designed and delivered without compromising on the grade and condition of the software product. Emphasis is put on tests to find and reporting bugs. You’ll learn how to decipher application of static and dynamic techniques, perform boundary value analysis, conduct walk-through and audits, organize test development processes as well as create a quality analysis and test plan. You’ll be able to excel and apply the principles of any type, size and complexity of software-based business system – across technical platforms. You will learn key testing concepts, such as Regression, Black Box/White Box, and User Acceptance, Alpha, Beta. Test Specification, Test Plan, Test Cases &, Bug Reporting are part of job description of a Quality Assurance Professional.
Did you know?
Interestingly, the history of Quality Assurance starts in World War II, when ammunition had to be tested for performance. Nowadays, the end purpose of Quality Assurance is to correct potential errors before the product is released. Quality Assurance can be associated with every possible field of activity, from banking and education to software and consulting. Quality Assurance is absolutely essential; without it, not only do organizations risk releasing products that are below market standards, but also lose money, wasted time and not fully exploit the potential of an idea.
Why learn and get Certified in Business Analysis?
1. Demand for the software testers has seen the entire new rise in the recent time. The demand graph of the software tester has increased tremendously in the recent years
2. The need of Quality Analyst does not fall in the time of recession or economic downfall. The company growth might slow down but the job position for Quality Analysts never vanishes
3. Many Quality Analyst positions are project based so the better Tester you become the faster your salary will grow. New software is being developed every day all over the world
4. According to global research, every year Quality Assurance and Testing budgets are raised by 9% to achieve Company business objectives, thus creating a market for Quality Assurance professionals
5. Quality Assurance (QA) jobs gaining significance in the IT industry. May it be automation or manual software testing, demand for Quality Inspection experts/Quality Analyst is enormous!
After the completion of this course, Trainee will:
1. Elicitate documentation, standards and techniques to understand requirements from stakeholders
2. Understanding different project documents such as Planning phase, discovery, design, test and requirement artifacts
3. Ask right and relevant questions to gather information using various information gathering techniques such as Analysis, Brainstorming, Observation, Job Shadowing etc.
4. Plan writing and managing requirements documents
5. Initiate process modeling efforts and managing efficiently
6. Manage your workload efficiently.
7. Validate cost and verify built solutions
The Target Students for the Course is Test Managers, Manual Testers and Developers who want to switch to Testing, Newbie Automation Testers and Fresher’s with IT Background. Our Comprehensive training provides you technical and practical experience required to succeed in the Work Place.
The Main objective of the QTP (QuickTest Professional) is to make a testing professional aware of automation testing concept with QTP tool. It is an UI automation framework designed mainly for Windows and Web-based applications. One of the most important topics in QTP is the Object Identification, Object Repository, Parameterization, Descriptive Programming, etc.
Quality Assurance Course Syllabus
- What are the different phases of SDLC?
- How does the process of Software Development Start?
- Project Initiation
- Requirement Gathering and Analysis
- What is Requirement document and what it contains?
- What is use case document and what it contains?
- What is Basic path and Alternate Path?
- Role of Business Analyst
- Example for explaining each phase
- Role of technical specification team
- What is Technical specification document?
- What is System Design?
- Role of Design team
- What is design document?
- Role of architecture team
- System development
- Role of development team
- Deliverable of Development phase
- System testing
- Role of testers and types of testing
- User acceptance testing
- System deployment
- System maintenance
- Events in the maintenance phase like bug fixes
- How are the phases of STLC carried out?
- What is testing?
- Role of testers
- Why do we need to test?
- Activities involved in the testing phase
- What is test plan and test case document?
- Steps of test case execution
- What does test case document contain?
- How to write test case document?
- What is required to test any application?
- What is test case?
- What does test case document contain?
- How to write test case document?
- Different test case techniques
- What is Test Plan?
- How to write test plan document?
- What does the test plan document contain?
- Who writes and approves the test plan document?
- How manage the test case documents?
- What is the pass/fail criterion?
TYPES OF TESTING
- Different Phases of testing
- What is unit testing?
- What is Minimum acceptance testing?
- What is integration, system and system integration testing?
- What is User acceptance testing?
- What is Regression Testing?
- What is a defect?
- Various Defect tracking tools
- How to use the defect tracking tools?
- How to enter the details of defect in the defect tracking tool?
- How to identify a defect?
- What is severity and priority?
- What is Traceability Matrix[TM]?
- Who Prepares the TM document?
- What is the reference for writing TM?
- What is the use of TM?
- What is present in the TM document?
- Sample TM
- Tools used for developing TM
Various Teams and their Roles
- Configuration Management Team
- Role of configuration management team
- What is Deployment?
- Deployment Team
- Role of Deployment team
- Version Control
- Various version tools and its usage
- Difference between QC and QA
- What is automation testing?
- Why, what and when to automate?
- Various tools used for automation testing
Introduction to Quality Center
- What is Quality Center ?
- Why to use Quality Center
- Version of Quality Center
- Overview of quality Center user interface
- Various tabs in Quality center
- Requirement Module
- Requirement Module Overview
- Creating Requirement tree
- Creating Parent & Child requirements
- Understanding the Description tab
- Understanding the History tab
- Uploading attachments to requirement
- A glance at various columns in requirement
- Types of views in requirement module
- Requirement grid view
- Requirement coverage view
- Test Plan Module
- Creating folder structure
- Create test cases
- Requirement coverage
- Test Lab Module
- Overview of Test Lab
- Detail of various tabs
- Creating folders
- Creating Test sets
- Adding test cases
- Different columns in Execution Grid
- Execution Flow tab
- Scheduling Test runs
- Test Set Properties tab
- Linked Defects tab
- Running Tests manually
- Running Tests automatically
- Viewing Test results
- Quality Center Defects
- Overview of Defects
- Creating defects after test execution
- Adding defects in defect module
- Creating defects during test execution
- Linking Defects
- How to close a defect
- Closing defects after retest
- Mailing the defects
- Quality Center reports & graphs
- Why Reports & Graphs?
- How to create reports & graphs for Analysis?
QUICK TEST PROFESSIONAL
Introduction to QTP
- What is QTP
- Prepare Before Automation
- Application Under Test
- First look at Add-Ins for QTP
- Understanding the QTP User Interface
- Setting up preferences in QTP before recording
Different versions of QTP(Text based)
- Difference between QTP 9.0 and QTP 8.2
- Difference between QTP 9.2 and QTP 9.0
- Difference between QTP 9.5 and QTP 9.2
Record and run a script
- Record a simple script
- Save the script
- Run the test script
- Understand the result
Introduction to Object Repository
- What is Object Repository
- Types of Object Repository
- Object Repository Manager
- Associating shared Object Repository with test
Shared Object Repository
- Local Object Repository
- Create a shared Object Repository
- Add objects to shared Object Repository
- Save an shared Object Repository
- Modify the shared Object Repository
- Comparing Local and Shared Object Repository
- What is Synchronization
- Synchronization in QTP
- Add Synchronization Steps for an Object
- What is Check Point
- Using Standard Check Point
- Using Text Check Point
- Using Access ability check point
- Using XML Check Point
- What is database checkpoint
- Writing SQL Query using Microsoft Query
- Parameterize a database checkpoint
- What is Output value
- Using Standard Output value
- Using Text Output value
- Using Database Output value
- Using XML Output value
Data Driven Test
- What is Data Driven test
- What is Parameterization
Certification assistance provided with proper guidance and certification notes.